April 18, 2010

Bullied to death --- a social problem?


Just learned that a 15 year-old Phoebe Prince was bullied to death. Sad!
I have been thinking why there are so many teen crimes and bullies happen in this country and started to believe that there must be serious problems in the way how parents raise their kids.
I come from China, where I believe raising kids has been a historical and cultural problem. It is by living in this country (America) that I learned what is exactly wrong with the way Chinese raise their kids. However, the recent generations of Americans seems to be more selfish and self centered than I expected and I started to doubt the way American parents raise their kids - which I used to adore - has some problem: too much attention been put onto kids so kids don't even know they should respect others.


4 comments:

  1. Lots of American kids are spoiled and have a limited sense empathy. They seem to get enjoyment from tearing others down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how are you?

    Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Afternoon

    This post was interesting, how long did it take you to write?

    ReplyDelete