August 5, 2014

Who Killed Marilyn Monroe?

Marilyn Monroe
Cover of Marilyn Monroe
I know Marilyn Monroe was sexy star and died at young age, and that's pretty much all I know about her. I never bother to know anything more about this legendary figure simply because she was not the type of person I would be interested. So do I really care how did she die? No. But still, this morning when I browsed through a news forum, one article that compares Monroe and Audrey Hepburn drew my attention. It says, that all residents of this planet know that Monroe was murdered by Kennedy brothers except news medias.

So I must lived somewhere else than Earth until this moment!

As matter of fact, I am not interested in Kennedy brothers either. But why I bothered to read through, because of my natural interest in "murder mystery". I would not put myself in labor of writing those details of the "conspiracy", but only want to say, that I have a "natural" tendency to believe in "rumors" about "high profile" figures - especially politicians, than news medias. Just like I believe those nasty stories I read about Mahatma Gandhi was true, so I would like to believe that Monroe was murdered by Kennedy brothers. Not big deal to me, really.

Again, I am interested neither Monroe nor Kennedy brothers, so writing this post probably only shows how bored I am (but I guess by doing so I can at least be qualified to be a "resident of this planet"). I would probably still go ahead to read more details about this case, only because I am a mystery reader, and this is still a unsolved mystery.

At last, even though I said I didn't care, I would still say, poor Marilyn!


9 comments:

  1. yunyi, odds are she probably died of an accidental overdose of barbiturates. But the murder stories are much more dramatic and sell a lot more copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right and I suppose that's also what media says. Thing is, death like this may remain forever mystery because it's almost impossible to prove even if it's murder.

      Delete
    2. I have a hard time with conspiracy theories because there's one thing I've learned in life and that is that people just can't keep their mouths shut. Granted, this theory would involve less people than some of the more elaborate ones out there (such as JFK's assassination), but I still don't by it. Many burglars and bank robbers have been caught years after their heist because someone in the group bragged to their girlfriend or said too much after getting drunk.

      Delete
    3. @bradley, I guess this is indeed hard to believe. I keep my mind open as I know anything can happy. And of course, to accuse anyone of murder is a serious matter, without firm evidence, they should be assumed innocent.

      Delete
  2. Yun, it’s very understandable that you’d know little about Marilyn or the Kennedy brothers because it was decades ago and you weren’t here in the US when it all happened. That being said, I must dispel the rumors, the Kennedys did not kill Marilyn. It would have made no sense for them to do that and conspiracy theorists here in the US like to blame high profile people for every awful event imaginable. I can tell you I’ve read a lot about it over the years. Sadly, Marilyn was a delicate flower and I believe she accidently overdosed. Really, given her history, it made the most sense. Yes, poor Marilyn, she was beautiful and she really was talented.

    If you’d like to read more on Marilyn Monroe, our blog friend Neil Killion has a very interesting post about her (not really about her death but more about her life, and it’s well researched). If you’re interested, I’ll find the link and send it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madilyn for your deep insight. Of course you all are more qualified to judge this case. I was not even born yet back then.
      It is hard to believe, because if Kennedy brother did it, they must be super dumb! lol...
      I will visit Neil's blog sometime when I feel like. It is indeed a legend!

      Delete
    2. Not even born yet, OMG now I feel old LOL!! (Only kidding, I knew it was before your time.) :) Actually, I was pretty young, only in grade school when Marilyn died but of course, it has always been in the news somewhere here. Being the curious sort, I’ve read a lot about her. Rest assured, the Kennedys didn’t do it and yeah, it would have been pretty dumb if they did lol! It is a legend indeed, and Marilyn will stay forever young and beautiful!

      Delete
  3. All I can say, Yun, I did not kill her. Proof: I was not even born then. :)

    ReplyDelete